CM Mailing Lists and FAQ
- [cms] - a general mailing list for content management systems, with a focus on technology.
[contentmanagers] - for people whose professional responsibilities include planning, writing, editing, approving or otherwise managing content.
[cms-pr] - press releases and marketing announcements from vendors and open-source developer communities.
[cms-forum] - for announcements of activity at cms-forum.org.
For subscription info on our CMS mailing lists:
[cmpros] - a mailing list for CM Pros members only for discussions about content management.
[cmpros-org] - a CM Pros members-only mailing list for organizational issues.
- Trim your posts.
- Edit the original post, and put your replies below quotes from original (no top posting).
- Especially do not reply to digests including the whole digest. Edit to your topic.
- No attachments.
- HTML mail is now allowed
- No spam.
- Keep commercial replies off-list. (Send PR posts to email@example.com.)
- Keep self-promotion brief and relevant.
- Avoid religious wars (e.g., Mac vs. Windows, Open-source vs. Proprietary, Java vs. Perl vs. Python, Linux vs. everything else).
- No ad hominem attacks.
- Don't respond to trolls.
- Don't reply to one thread to start another.
- If you change the subject slightly, alter the subject line.
- Short signatures only, no ASCII art.
- Keep meta-discussion to a minimum; we're here to discuss content management, not the operation of this list. (Send meta-discussion to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Keep etiquette and topic reminders polite and off-list. List moms appreciate reminders from listers, but send them off-list please (with a copy to the list-mom).
- Abusers of these rules will have their posts moderated and edited. Repeat abusers will be banned.
These excellent netiquette references should explain anything you don't understand above...Editor, at CMS Review.